Friday, May 11, 2012

A Passion Of Mine


"I rarely use my Insanity Blog to promote my books. I'd like to think if someone is interested, they'll check them out all on their own without me pushing. However, The Dainty Delaney children's chapter book series is dear to me and that is why I've posted it on a fabulous site, Kickstarter.com - a site for creative souls hoping to gather support and create a buzz.  

I created this book series with the hope of helping kids feel good about themselves. I can't even imagine all that I could've accomplished by now if I hadn't had the hang ups and insecurities I've had to spend years overcoming. These books, I hope, will help kids see their true potential - regardless of size, shape or color. I'm sharing it with you, my readers, with the hope you'll share in my passion and help also to create a buzz. So please share this blog, repost, tweet, stumble... however you do it, it'll be appreciated. One book at a time we just may help kids look at themselves in a whole new way. Thank you everyone!"

 ~ Sane

Often how we feel about ourselves when young, remains with us even when old. Insecurities begin like harmless seeds, but overtime, grow roots and branches. 

Imagine what we could accomplish if we accepted ourselves - fully and unconditionally. Everyone deserves that chance.
Dainty Delaney is a children's chapter book series about a girl who has a personality that's larger than life, but that same indomitable spirit is held within a rather dainty frame - and she can't stand it! With each book, she overcomes life's little challenges, not by sprouting in height so much, but by sprouting in inner strength. Book #1 in the series, Dainty Delaney and the Carnival Shoes, has already caused kids to laugh, feel anxious then relieved...right along with Delaney as she works to force her loose teeth out so she can buy a pair of boots that she hopes will boost her up enough to get on the cool rides at the carnival. The reviews so far have been so overwhelmingly sweet, positive and sincere - as the writer, I could easily get a bit weepy. But its a good cry. Knowing we are impacting kids, well, that's what its all about. These books help to enlighten kids to their true potential. And simply put - that's our mission.
As the writer and creator, my hope is to help kids believe in themselves and love themselves - just as they are. Imagine what great things we could accomplish if we didn't give energy to our insecurities. I hope to help kids do just that. This first series consists of five books. If all goes well, I hope to create another series in which Delaney helps other kids deal with theirstruggles. Paying her wisdom and compassion forward - if you will.
I respect my readers. I treat kids no differently. The writing in these stories and the illustrations are fun, edgy and smart. 
We are 100% grassroots at this point. Everything we are doing, we are doing on our own. Our momentum is gaining though, and we are truly excited. I say we because its not just me behind this great project. As a writer, I am blessed to have a wonderful illustrator. As a mother, I have two great kids that help inspire these stories. Dainty Delaney is, after all, modeled after my own daughter. She's a handful, but I couldn't be more proud and I wouldn't want her to be any other way. So, that is the 'we' that is truly excited about bringing this project to life. And if we do our job well, we will help shift the way kids view themselves, little by little removing some of those seeds of doubt.
Life can be a little rough at times - but loving yourself - never should be.

By empowering this project, you are helping to empower countless kids. 


The is the Dainty Delaney children's chapter book series project on Kickstarter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment