Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can I Live Here?

There is purpose behind daydreams - I believe. This simple act of imagining is done effortlessly and taken quite for granted. And yet, I often sit back and wonder why we have the ability to imagine, in unfathomable detail, something beyond what we are experiencing, and so much more than what we know.
Although, for comedic purposes, I envision my dog daydreaming, I don’t feel she does. Instead, I feel she constantly lives in the now - her thoughts are only of what is
Everything that surrounds us, made by human hands, was first made by imagining. Prompted for whatever reason, that which we create comes forth first from a rather elusive source - the mind.
We can, when we allow it, imagine almost anything. And I have to believe, humans are the only species that use this fantastical creative force to imagine something God awful and horrific. Somewhere along the line, we lost our footing within this ethereal world of the imagination - I know I have. Instead of imagining only that which I desire and want for myself, I often imagine, repeatedly, that which I do not. I have to wonder, for what purpose do I do this. I tell myself that I take this dreadful imaginary journey so as not to be caught off guard. I am, role playing numerous grim outcomes, so that if and when things turn sinister, I’ll be readily prepared and thus, know what to do. Truth is, picturing the worst is a knee jerk reaction based out of my fear - that’s all. I rarely lie, not even to myself.
What if, this powerful, well-of-imagination was just as important as your heart, that beats without your instruction, without your purposeful, careful guidance. What if your daydreaming mind, the mind that sits just above the mind that reminds you to pay your bills, and change the oil on your car, is the part of you that touches the universe. Within it, are grains of commanding, universal energy, and all those daydreams you effortlessly construct, are blue prints of your future - good or bad.
I believe, whether we care to admit it or not, we are more spirit than anything else. And a gauge of our disconnect with who and what we really are, is best revealed through our daydreams. Often, my immediate mind refuses to let my imaginative mind play and create unencumbered. I give my imaginative mind bills to pay, children to care for, and an appearance I’m not thrilled with. 
In the quiet darkness however, I have the ability to stifle the mind that percolates with nervous energy; energy that moves with forced determination, like a machine that never forgets all that is required of it, all that is must do. During those sacred, blissful moments, the imaginative mind spreads its broad wings, and with a dramatic push lifts itself into a different place. In this place, thoughts and images move softly through the mind. I see those I love, and they are happy. I am who I want to be. What if within this time of active meditation, we are giving the universe the very essence of what we truly want for our future. What if, the more we allow ourselves this mental reprieve, those blue prints begin to manifest. What if, at one point, one glorious point in our lives, the world that immediately surrounds us, we recognize as the world that first lived within our mind. Heaven, for me, is not just to have caught up with the dream, but to be living within the dream - whatever that dream may be. I'm not there yet, but I see it, and I can almost touch it.
Sane

1 comment:

  1. Life can be so hectic and unsettling.
    We all need to strive for peace and "a contented mind".

    Thanks again, Sane.
    Max

    ReplyDelete